Chevy Silverado EV towing capacity, range, interior
The 2024 Silverado EV isn’t just a truck. It’s a boundary-breaking, category-defying game-changer. This powerful electric vehicle (EV) combines advanced technology with more than a century’s truck-building know-how. The final product is a vehicle that more than delivers on its legendary name. Read on to learn more about the features you can look forward to with the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV.
The Chevrolet Silverado EV has reimagined what it means to have a versatile and driver-centric cabin. It comes with a 17-inch diagonal touch screen with Google built-in to keep you connected on the road. Also, having no transmission means you’ll get a larger console for extra storage space. It also features a 60/40 Multi-Flex Midgate, which literally breaks the barrier between the cabin and the bed. When you fold it down, you can fit an item approximately 11 feet long in the backseat and trunk area, such as a kayak.
Other interior features of the new Silverado EV include:
- A carpeted flooring and luxury leather interior.
- High-definition surround vision.
- 11-inch infotainment system.
- A digital dashboard.
- A large storage bin between the dashboard and middle armrest.
Designed for the most functional flexibility, the exterior of the new Chevrolet Silverado EV will more than meet your off-road requirements. For instance, its front end efficiently directs air down the side of its body. This design greatly reduces turbulence and drag.
The Silverado EV also comes with a new Ultium facelift with a shorter overhang. This gives the EV a striking aggressive stance. More importantly, it also offers an enhanced forward-down vision and a more expansive view of the road from the driver’s seat.
Another exterior feature of the new Silverado is its panoramic fixed glass roof. It filters sun rays and provides the passengers seated in the cabin with an open view of the environment.
Other exterior features of the new Chevrolet Silverado include:
- New LED headlights.
- Color-matched front and rear bumpers.
- Passive entry system.
- A 360-degree camera system that’s mounted on the side mirrors.
- Blind-spot monitoring on side mirrors.
- A weatherproof e-trunk at the front of the truck.
- A second-generation tailgate that comes with Multi-Flex capabilities.
- An LED-accent tail light with an incandescent reverse bulb.
- Cab-length running boards.
Engine and Range
A 24-module lithium battery pack powers the all-electric Chevrolet Silverado EV. It provides power to the rear and front drive motors, making up the pioneering E-4WD system. With a driving range of around 400 miles, you’re guaranteed to enjoy the open road for longer. All you need to do is charge the EV at home with either a Level 2 240-volt charger or a Level 1 120-volt charger. You can also charge it at public charging stations, which have faster charging up to 350 kW.
The 2024 Electric Silverado only requires around 10 minutes of charge to get 100 miles. Hence, to fill up its 200 kWh battery, you’ll need approximately 40 minutes for a complete charge. Remember that the charging time may vary depending on several factors. These include the battery’s state, vehicle settings, the condition of the charging mechanism, and even the outside temperature.
If you need more power, you can opt for the Silverado EV RST trim, which comes with a wide-open watts mode. This mode allows the EV to produce over 780 lb-ft of torque and 660 horsepower. With this much power, the truck can launch from zero to 60 mph in only 4.5 seconds.
Chevrolet Silverado EV Towing Capacity
Aside from its excellent electric power, the Silverado EV also has impressive utility. You can expect the WT trim to tow around 8,000 pounds, with the RST trim having a towing capacity of up to 10,000 pounds.
Chevrolet has huge plans for future EV models as well. The 2025 Chevrolet Silverado EV WT trim will tow around an astounding 20,000 pounds when equipped with the Max Trailering Package.
The 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV also comes with various safety features. These features are critical in protecting you and your family while on the road and include:
- Rear-view camera: This helps you see the area behind your truck when backing up. It provides more visibility behind your vehicle than you can get by turning your head.
- Lane-departure warning: This helps you avoid crashes if you leave or drift from your lane. It detects lane markers and notifies you when the truck’s tire touches a lane marker.
- Forward collision warning: A radar sensor in front of the truck detects the distances between the two vehicles ahead. This includes their relative speed. The system can then assess the situation in front of your vehicle.
- Automatic emergency braking: Suppose a potential collision is about to occur. In this case, the automatic emergency braking system responds by activating the brakes to slow the truck before impact. It will even bring it to a stop to prevent a collision.
- Lane-keep assist: This keeps you from drifting out of your lane by mistake. It uses the vehicle’s front-facing camera to identify lane markings. It intervenes if you drift toward or over the marking without using your turn signal. The system nudges you back into your lane using steering correction or selective braking on the opposite side of your vehicle.
Explore the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV in Youngstown, OhioAre you keen on a supreme performer with a sense of style and tremendous capability? If so, you’ve just described the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV. If you want to learn more about this Chevy model, feel free to come by Cochran Chevrolet Youngstown today. Wherever you’re from, we will welcome you as family. We’ll respond to every question you have on this latest addition to the Chevy lineup. We can also reserve a model for you when it’s released next year. We’ll keep you posted, including when it’s time to pick it up.
If you opt for another model, our sales department can take you on a tour of our showroom of new and used Chevy vehicles. We can also help you to explore comprehensive financing and vehicle specials. Contact our team at #1 Cochran to learn more about the Chevy Silverado EV and sign a lease today.